In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Fit & Able invites you to be part of the Charity Distance Festival to support many area nonprofits that serve our community.
Nonprofits provide important programs and services to our community for the needs not met by the government or other organizations. Unfortunately, they can't all have their own races to help raise support for their missions. That's why Fit & Able is staging the Charity Distance Festival at no charge to the participating nonprofits to help them raise much needed revenue and provide them the opportunity to raise awareness about their efforts too.
Participating Nonprofits Include:
So, pick your distance - Fun Run, 5K, or 8K - then invite your friends and family to race with you! All 5K and 8K runners (live and virtual) will get a Charity Distance Festival medal.
Virtual Runners: Wherever you are - near or far - you can participate in a great race to support an amazing organization. All you need to do is run wherever you want and submit your times online! It's really fun and super easy! Since there isn't a race day packet pickup you have the option for packets be shipped or retrieved at a curbside pickup. Each packet can hold up to 2 shirts AND 2 medals. All packets will be mailed out after the event.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Charity Distance Festival is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
Race Location: WakeMed Soccer Park located at 201 Soccer Park Dr., Cary, NC 27511, USA. For Virtual Runners: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: The course is on WakeMed's cross country course with natural trails. Course conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. For Virtual Runners: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line and there will be water stations on the course and near the finish line.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race. There is no pre-race packet pickup or race day check-in but we are offering four options for you to choose from to get your swag packet. For Virtual Runners: Since there is no pre-race or race day packet pickup all packets for purchased shirts or medals must be shipped for $10 per packet or retrieved at a curbside pickup. Packets will be mailed out after the event. Each packet can hold up to 2 shirts AND 2 medals.
Race Souvenirs: All 5K and 8K participants will receive a Charity (Social) Distance Festival medal (if registered by 12 PM June 12th - will receive a legacy Charity Distance Festival medal if signup after). Milers can purchase a medal for $5. Event shirts are available separately for $15 until May 29th.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports (North Hills). Save your Charity Distance Festival bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on June 18th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit card are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Charity Distance Festival and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.